Tuesday 11 November 2014

Healthy Snack- Chocolate and Almond Popcorn!

Hello Everyone!
I hope you are all well! 
Today I thought I'd do a post inspired by Miss Niomi Smart, who I'm sure you've all heard of... and if not then you are missing out on her cute blog posts and girly videos! 
I have such a sweet tooth but I am trying to eat healthily, so when I saw her recipe for healthy popcorn I was so excited!
Follow these steps if you want to make delicious popcorn drizzled with melted dark chocolate and crunchy almond butter!

Ingredients


These are the ingredients you will need:
Popcorn Kernals (Top Left)
Dark Chocolate (Top Right)
Almond Butter (Bottom Right)
I don't have any measurements for you as I just use what I feel works well. I usually use about 1/4 of the bag of Popcorn Maize, and then use as much chocolate and almond butter as I fancy!

 Step One!

 Pour enough oil into the pan so it completely covers the bottom, and heat it. Then pour in your Popcorn Maize and place a lid on the pan. I like to hold the pan by the handle over the flame myself so it doesn't get too hot and burn, I also shake the pan to prevent this, too. 

Step Two!

 Once all of the kernels have popped, put them into a glass bowl. 

Step Three!

Melt about half a bar of dark chocolate (dark chocolate is healthier than any other chocolate, and I find it  a lot tastier too!) in the microwave on a medium heat, stirring occasionally until it's all melted. Make sure you use a bowl suitable to be microwaved and to stir the chocolate often to prevent it from burning. 

Step Four!
The final step! Drizzle the melted chocolate onto the popcorn, and then follow this by also drizzling on the almond butter! Enjoy straight away whilst still warm (my favourite!) or keep it in the fridge until you fancy a sweet, healthy-ish snack! I also like to put it into a sandwich bag so I can take some to college! 


I hope you feel inspired to try this snack, guys! It is so tasty! There are lots of variations you can all try on this recipe! You could leave out the almond butter, add mini marshmallows to create a Rocky Road type treat, or perhaps add raspberries with the chocolate!

Speak Soon,
Stephanie x



No comments:

Post a Comment