Tuesday 4 November 2014

My Skincare Routine (Combination/ Rosacea)

Hello Everyone!
I hope you are all well and keeping warm now that it's getting a lot chillier! Today, I thought I'd do a post on my skincare routine! My skin type is combination (oily, but also dry), and is super sensitive. I also suffer from rosacea slightly, around my nose and cheeks. I used to absolutely hate my skin, it was really red, scared, and spotty! But finally, I have found a routine that actually works for me, after experimenting with hundreds of bottles of various creams, lotions and potions! My skin still isn't 100% perfect, but then who's is?! I am a lot happier about how my skin feels and looks, and now I've found a routine that works for me, I am actually going to stick to it and not be lazy!


Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser
 I recently got given this as a birthday present from my friend Jess, who is an avid user of Liz Earle products. I was keen to try it after her raving review, and was not disappointed. I pump some of this product onto my hand and then apply it all over my face, rubbing it in  with circular motions. I also dab some gently over my closed eyes. I then soak the cloth that comes with the cleanser in hot water, and gently wipe away. This wipes away the cleanser, and any make-up, dirt or grease on my face. 

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
Next, I pour some of this amazing cleansing water onto a cotton pad, and remove any excess eye make-up that may have been left behind. On another cotton pad I also use this to sweep up my neck.

Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic
 The next step of my skincare routine is to pour some of this skin tonic onto a cotton pad, and sweep over my face to remove any grime the cleanser may have missed (I do find there is hardly any, however, as the cleanser does such a good job). 

Liz Earle Moisturiser 
I then moisturise my skin using, surprise surprise, another Liz Earle product. This is a really light, refreshing moisturiser that doesn't feel greasy at all, but still feels like it is quenching the skin. I find four pumps of this product sufficient to do my whole face. 

Liz Earle Superskin Concentrate
I do not use this product daily as it is so powerful at moisturising and rejuvenating the skin. I was sceptical about using this product when the lady in the shop suggested it to me, as I wouldn't think of using an oil on oily skin. But I love it! I use this about once a week, maybe twice a week in colder months, to give my thirsty skin a quenching treat. It really helps to soothe any dryness due to the rosacea, around my nose and makes my skin feel so soft.

Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2-in-1 Wash and Mask
When my skin is being a bit problematic with a few spots, I reach for this product. I can only really use this product infrequently as it can sting my sensitive skin a tiny bit, but it works wonders when I need it! I only use this as a mask, and apply a layer to problem areas such as my chin, nose, and onto any spots on the rest of my face. I do not cover my whole face in it, however, as I only want it to work on the spots, and to not irritate the rest of my skin which is blemish-free. 

This skincare routine really has helped clear up the blemishes on my face, and has helped soothe my rosacea and reduce the redness.My skin just feels so much healthier, and looks a lot better, too! I hope you like this post guys, and that you find it helpful in any way! 
Speak Soon
Stephanie x

No comments:

Post a Comment