Wednesday 10 December 2014

Being A Stressed Student!

Hello Everyone!
You may not know but I am currently at college studying for my A-Levels, and am in my second year... and so stressed! Last year was bad enough, but this year features even more work, stress, and responsibility. I have to balance lessons at college, homework, revision, my Saturday job, and some sort of social life/ hobbies. This is quite hard to deal with at times when there really aren't enough hours in the day.

I'm going to share a couple of tips of how to keep above water when you feel like you are sinking under a sea of stress. 

  1. Simply, just stop and breathe. When you physically feel like you are going to have a break down and feel like you can't breath, just stop what you are doing. Close your eyes and take a deep breath. This will immediately help to calm you, and reduce some of the physical features of feeling so overwhelmed. 
  2. Keep a diary. I like to write down every day what I've been up to, and how I've been feeling. This really ensures you notice your feelings, and highlights to you if there are any patterns of your feelings, or what you do in a day that makes your stress levels feel better or worse.
  3. Partake in light activity. I don't always have time to go swimming (which I find really helps to calm me and relieve stress), but I try to do something each day, no matter how small, to release those endorphins that make me feel chilled. Walking my doggy, Bailey, or doing some Results With Lucy workouts are my fav choices. 
  4. Keep organised. This is more of a preventative strategy than a way of dealing with stress. If I keep my life organised (writing down homework/ appointments etc.), keep up to date with my deadlines and make sure I plan ahead, then I find my anxiety levels and stress levels are reduced considerably.

I usually work well under stress, and am currently still doing well even under such pressure. Sometimes, however, it does all get a bit much. This is 100% natural though, and everyone feels like this from time to time, so none of us stressed individuals are alone!
 I hope some of my little tactics help you to feel a bit more chilled and that you aren't too stressed out!

Speak Soon,
Stephanie x

No comments:

Post a Comment